Sunday, June 04, 2006

Your opinions

Not that i don't care, gentle readers, that you are probably reading this blog and have opinions on it. I'm not just here to argue them with you. Feel free to discuss this blog elsewhere. Link to it, bring up the topic on your discussion boards and email groups. Go right ahead. Discuss away! But no, I actually won't be reading your emails, and nor will I be switching the setting so you can comment.

If you are a natural parent or adopted person who needs emotional support, who is suffering adoption-separation trauma, disembabyment, the theft of your identity, the search for your lost family member(s), then I definitely recommend you visit MSN Adoptese, a great board run by a great therapist, Joe Soll. Buy his two books on Adoption Healing, and you won't regret it.

I admire bloggers such as Claudia who don't mind arguments and debates breaking out in her blog. More power to her! But I just don't have the time in my life to address all your comments, questions, opinions, etc. -- house, job, school, my children (3 of whom have learning disabilities), a disabled elderly mother, and a disabled neice that I try to help as much as I can. It all takes time. Nevermind my own PTSD, unresolved grief, and depression that I struggle with every day. So, please feel free to discuss this blog, find a nice place and a cup of tea and go right ahead. It just won't be in a "comments" section here.

No comments: